TELEGRAAF BIEDT LEZERS PLEEPAPIER AAN

PLEEPAPIER

NO FURTHER QUESTIONS: DIT IS ER GEWORDEN VAN WAT EENS DE GROOTSTE EN MEEST RENDERENDE KRANT VAN NEDERLAND WAS * ‘108 (!) Rollen Dubbellaags Toiletpapier van één van Europa’s grootste producenten; bespaar op het alledaagse!’ * LUISTER HIER NAAR EEN INTERVIEW MET DE TELEGRAAF OVER HUN ‘EXCLUSIEVE AANBIEDING’ VAN PLEEPAPIER 24 feb 2015 09:26 Outgoing

WEER VERBIJSTEREND ‘EINDE-MSM-DOCUMENT’

ER IS NU OOK EEN ENGELSE UDO ULFKOTTE: PETER OBORNE * HIJ VERLIET THE DAILY TELEGRAPH WEGENS COMPLEET VERLIES VAN JOURNALISTIEKE INTEGRITEIT EN BESCHERMING VAN DE CRIMINELE PLUNDER-BANKEN

OBORNE

For a step taken out of such forceful conviction, Peter Oborne’s decision to drop a bomb on the Daily Telegraph did not come easily. “I had huge reservations,” says the paper’s former chief political commentator of his decision to write an excoriating piece about the Telegraph’s leadership for the website OpenDemocracy, shortly after his very public resignation from the newspaper. “When I first thought about doing it, I decided not to, because I’m conscious that there are countless wonderful journalists there, reporters and writers who do a brilliant job. And I am extremely troubled by the idea of bringing bad publicity to the Telegraph. I love the Telegraph. But I feel I love it more than the owners. And when I watched last week’s HSBC coverage, I changed my mind.” Even so, he says, it was hard to send the request for comment to the newspaper’s PR department that would make his decision irreversible. “Pressing the button was a big moment,” he says. “I was worried about giving ammunition to rivals. I failed to press it two or three times. But I did. And after a while, I felt relief. Because then the die was cast.”
LEES VERDER BIJ THE GUARDIAN

BBC-PEDOFIELEN: MILJOENEN VOOR ADVIES

HOEVEEL ZOU DE NOS UITGEVEN AAN EXTERNE ADVISEURS? * STEEDS WEER HETZELFDE PATROON: KINDERMISBRUIK EN FINANCIEEL WANBELEID, FRAUDE EN DIEFSTAL GAAN HAND IN HAND * VANAF 2010 GAF DE BBC 30 MIO POND UIT AAN ADVIES

BBC

The BBC may be facing further painful cuts to its staffing and budget, but the corporation still spent almost £7m on consultants last year. During the 12 months to the end of March 2014 the BBC’s total bill was £6.93m to firms including McKinsey & Co, which won a tender to advise on how to make it a simpler place to work. It takes the corporation’s total spend on external consultants for the last four years to about £30m, the same figure it is expecting to invest in BBC1 drama out of the savings from the closure of BBC3. LEES VERDER BIJ THE GUARDIAN

DAGBOEK VAN DE ONDERGANG VAN DE MSM

Brian Williams Scandal Prompts Frantic Efforts at NBC to Curb Rising Damage

WILLIAMS

Hours before Brian Williams took the anchor’s chair for the nightly newscast on Feb. 4, a sense of dread began to spread through the Rockefeller Plaza offices of NBC News. The military newspaper Stars and Stripes had just published an article in which Mr. Williams acknowledged that he had exaggerated an account of a helicopter journey in Iraq. Worse, Mr. Williams had written a weak apology, reading it first to the newspaper, then posting it on Facebook. None of his superiors knew about it. Alarmed, the news operation immediately began scrambling to contain the damage, according to people with knowledge of the events of the last week. A team was quickly assembled to draft a statement that Mr. Williams could read during his “NBC Nightly News” show that evening to address the issue. But the Facebook post boxed them in. The explanations had to match. Mr. Williams went on the air hours later and delivered the statement, including an apology. That was the start of a week of rapidly cascading events that besieged both Mr. Williams and the network. Interviews with people Read more »

WEER MSM-ICOON EXPOSED EN ONTMASKERD

BRIAN WILLIAMS, HET ‘JOURNALISTIEKE GEZICHT’ VAN NBC, EXPOSED ALS LEUGENAAR EN BEDRIEGER, NU ‘MET RECES’ * HET TIJ VOOR DE MSM IS NIET MEER TE KEREN * MAAR ER IS NOG HOOP: BINNENKORT WETTEN DIE KRITIEK OP DE MSM VERBIEDEN EN HET LEZEN VAN EN KIJKEN NAAR DE MSM VERPLICHT STELLEN?

WILLIAMS

Brian Williams announced he is going on a hiatus while NBC News investigates the Nightly News anchor following his admission that he made false claims about an incident in the Iraqi desert. Williams had claimed that an army helicopter he was flying in was shot down. After being called out by members of the military who were at the scene, Williams recanted his story. Following that admission, NBC revealed that it is investigating some of his reports for misinformation including his reporting following Hurricane Katrina where he claimed he saw bodies float down the street of the French Quarter in New Orleans. The French Quarter hadn’t flooded. LEES VERDER OP INFOWARS

WordPress Themes